DIY Iron Man Corkboards
My name is Stephy and today we’re crafting some Iron Man inspired corkboards.
Last week we made some Captain America inspired corkboards in celebration of #CaptainAmericaCivilWar. Now it’s Iron Man’s turn!
For this craft you will need the following:
- 1-3 round cork trivets or coasters.
- Paper with the design printed on it.
- A black pen to trace your design and to outline it later.
- Metalic red, gold, light blue, and dark blue paint.
- A ruler.
- Paint brushes.
- An item to secure your corkboards to the wall.
- To start, print off the arc reactor design of your choosing (version 1, version 2, or version 3) and cut it out. Also, don’t forget to scale the pattern to the size of your corkboard
- Trace the design onto your corkboard and don’t worry if it’s a bit messy, we’ll be painting over this later.
- Let’s start by painting the inside of the design where the arc core is. Use your light blue paint for this part.
- Using the metallic red, paint the area surrounding the arc core.
- Next, take the gold and paint around the outside ring.
- Once paint on the core is dry, mix some of the light blue and dark blue paint together and go over the core to make it stand out. I painted around the outside with a darker colour to achieve this look.
- Finally, take a black pen to trace around the cores.
That’s it! We’re done! We now have some awesome Iron Man inspired corkboards.
If you followed along, I’d love to see what you made! Send me a photo and use the hashtag #CraftToWin!
If there’s something you would like to see me make in a future craft to win video, leave a comment with your suggestion, and let me know if you’re #TeamIronMan or #TeamCap while you’re at it.