DIY Captain America Corkboards
My name is Stephy and today we’re crafting some Captain America inspired corkboards.
With #CaptainAmericaCivilWar coming out this week, these corkboards are a perfect way to show your love for cap, and keep yourself organized. Also, in spirit of the film, we also crafted some Iron Man inspired corkboards.
For this craft you will need the following:
- 1-3 round cork trivets or coasters.
- Paper with Captain America’s shield design printed on it.
- A pencil, pen, or marker to trace your design.
- 3 different colours of paint to use for your shield. I will be using a metallic red, silver, and blue.
- Paint brushes.
- Hooks or double sided tape to secure your corkboards to the wall.
- To start, print off the design and cut it out. Also, don’t forget to scale the pattern to the size of your corkboard.
- Trace the design onto your corkboard and don’t worry if it’s a bit messy, we’ll be painting over this later.
- Let’s start by painting the inside of the design. Go ahead and use the silver paint to fill in the star and the inside ring.
- Using the metallic red, paint the outside ring and the ring around the star.
- Finally, use the metallic blue for the area surrounding the star.
That’s it! We’re done! Make as many as you like and try experimenting with the colours to make a unique set.
Don’t forget to check back next week for the Iron Man inspired corkboards.
If you followed along, I’d love to see what you made! Send me a photo and use the hashtag #CraftToWin!
If there’s something you would like to see me make in a future craft to win video, leave a comment with your suggestion.